Food Allergy 101
If you're new to the world of food allergy or need updated information, you may find these resources helpful:
Find an Allergist: FAAM's Mid-South Allergist Directory
- Always contact your insurance provider for a list of referrals that are covered by your healthcare plan and ask about providers that are board certified.
- Good place to start after diagnosis: Food Allergy Research & Education's (FARE) Newly Diagnosed packet with Food Allergy Field Guide
- Kids with Food Allergies (KFA) Info. for New Diagnosis
- National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy in the U.S.
- Living Confidently Handbook
- FDA: Food Allergen Labeling & Consumer Protection Act of 2004 Q&A
- Snack Guide by SnackSafely.com (This is only a starting point. ALWAYS read every label, every time.)
Signs & Symptoms:
Epinephrine Auto-Injectors (EAI)
- FAAM's Guide of EAI Choices & Features shares information with links and videos for all available EAIs on the market, includes a printable version